If you want to experience the traditional winter exorcism ceremony on 21 February, the eve of the church festival known in the region as “Petritag” (officially the festival of “The Chair of St Peter at Antioch”), we will be happy to bid you welcome in the Inselhotel a few days before with a warming cup of punch.
“Biike”, known on Amrum as “biake”, is a celebration of heathen origin, and roughly means “sign of fire”. In times gone by, it marked the end of the winter ceremonies and at the same time the start of a new year of seafaring for the men.
Enough reason for us still to have a fiery celebration today!
You can look forward to sumptuous winter menus by candlelight, the traditional meal with kale at the “biakebonker” (the pile of fuel for the fire), mulled wine and lots of fresh North Sea air. You can enjoy a warm and cosy session in our sauna, which we reserve specially for you, and we will spoil you with Frisian waffles and delicious tea in our comfy restaurant.
All good for your well-being and ideal for getting warmed up during a prolonged stay.
- Four nights in our lovely rooms
- Four delicious island breakfasts
- Three 3-course winter menus by candlelight
- One hearty meal of kale on the “biake” night
- Welcome with a warming cup of punch
- One teatime with Frisian waffles
- One thermos flask of mulled wine for the “biakebonker”
Prices including sales tax
- Price per person in a single room: € 339.00
- Price per person in a double room: € 299.00
Added night including breakfast
- Price per person in a single room: € 75.00
- Price per person in a double room: € 65.00
- 18 February – 22 February 2013
- Cannot be combined with other packages